Thursday, October 17, 2013

Leftovers (not just for dinner anymore!)

As I worked in the studio last weekend I did a little cleaning.  Not too surprising as there was not a single inch of table space available to create anything!  LOL  While putting things in their proper place I came across a stack of cards that were prepped for a class back in 2011.  Since I've been trying to send wedding anniversary cards this year, I decided it was time to use these (5) cards and set about putting them together!  Here was the original . . .

Funny story about this - I had to go back into my blog archives to find the original post to figure out what I'd done with these bits of paper (since that's what I had - bits in an envelope - no example!).  I thought to myself, hmmm, that was a long time ago but after Steve came into my life.  I jumped back to 2011 and found it within 3 posts of my starting place.  Just luck.

I have another example of prepped, un-used cards.  This one I altered a bit to use for birthday instead of Thanksgiving.  Here is the current version 
And here is the link to the original post.  Isn't it interesting how a little pop of color changes everything?  I try to always prepare more cards for our Open Stamping than I think there will be guests.  It's the over-achiever in me, I guess!  LOL  But it's nice to be able to pull these out and quickly make up a batch of birthday, anniversary, whatever cards when I need some!  So you see, leftovers are not just for dinner anymore! 
 

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great cards and a great trip down memory lane, too. I like how you were able to use the bits you found to create such lovely cards. Great job!

Have a happy weekend!

Kim Heggins said...

oh, don't you just love it when this happens...so fun to finish up cards that have been started and I do agree, a little pop of color can make all the difference...

maria f. said...

Love your leftovers and what you've done with them. The spot of red is fabulous on the brown card.

Curt in Indy said...

Great use of leftovers! And I commend you for cleaning up. . .since I've been working on Halloween, my whole room looks like a chamber of horror! LOL I'm afraid what I'm going to find under all of that! Hope you and Mr. Baggins are doing well. Hugs, Curt