Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ombre Noel

Hello everyone!  This was the third "technique" card that we made at the retreat last weekend.  We had so much fun!!!  There were a couple of fun tricks that we learned.  One thing I do on almost every card (not intentionally, usually) is that I make an error and then share with everyone what "not to do"!  In this one, there were a couple but the most difficult one was that I adhered the "N" before trying to color the fill-in letters.  Since the "N" overlapped the "O" that was incredibly silly!  The second lesson on this card was about the alcohol markers - they show on the back side of the cardstock.  I usually layer cards but this one had the art on the card-base itself.  Hence the addition of the red scallop!  I cut the piece of red large enough to cover the inside flap. ;-)

I feel so renewed and inspired after the weekend.  There is nothing quite like spending time with just girlfriends!  No offense meant to my male friends - but my "sisters" nurture my soul.  I've got some other new things but they haven't been photographed yet - I'll get to that tomorrow night with any luck.  

Hugs!!

4 comments:

Alanna said...

Your card is gorgeous Sharli and I love the addition of the red scallops.

Nancy Ball said...

I never would have thought to use those alphabet stamps together....GENIUS and it looks great!

Jeanne said...

What's the expression? There are no mistakes in papercrafting, only opportunities to embellish? Something like that...Great embellishing, Sharli. Love the glitter and the ombre. The scallops add a great touch, too. So glad you had a chance to play with your girlfriends and come away energized!

Carla said...

Very pretty - - love the glitter tape :-)