Monday, October 14, 2013

Scrapbook Retreat - Sneaky Peaks


 Very soon my friends will be gathering at Pam's lovely home for a big-girl scrapbook retreat!!  I've been prepping all weekend for this - and the cards above are just two of the sweet things we will all make as we learn some new tricks and play with the newest papers from the Winter mini-catalog from Close-to-My-Heart!  

The weekend, otherwise?  Our weather has been glorious!  I enjoyed puttering in my yard, talking to and watering my snap dragons (they are SO pretty!) and continuing my tentative friendship with the neighbor's little doggie (I call him "Buddy" - no idea what his real name is).  I brushed Mr. Baggins about 3 hours total this weekend and now he thinks he's a fur vest for me (have I mentioned that he absolutely LOVES to be brushed?).  LOL  

I am home from work today but leaving soon for the dentist - we have to do a bone graft before I can have the dental implant in that space that was a dry socket.  Ugh.  I have no idea what to expect - but I imagine a nap will be in the cards for me this afternoon. ;-)

6 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Sharli, looks like you have some pretty stuff going on!
I hope your mouth work goes well. I do not envy you. Get that nap in, for sure!

Nancy Ball said...

Sounds like a fun retreat and you've created some lovely artwork to share.

Unknown said...

Hi Sharli, good to hear from you. These cards are gorgeous, love the pop of red.
With regards to my Cricut, I only use smooth cardstock, Bazzill is too fibrous, and never cuts clean. My gates were cut using American Crafts c/s, not as dense as Bazzill. As for the blade, sometimes it needs a wee bit of 'tweaking'! If you notice, the blade actually only has one side to cut with, it is at an angle. Take the wee blade out of its green holder, as if you were replacing the blade, and turn it a wee tiny bit, and try your cut again. If it is still not smooth, take out the blade and turn it another wee fraction, keep going until you get a smooth cut - works every time! I keep my speed slow, takes a bit longer, but the machine seems to like going a bit slower! And my depth is always at max. I hope this helps... Hugs xx

Jeanne said...

Oh you ladies are in for a grand time. These cards look terrific! I hope your dental visit went well. Your procedure didn't sound fun at all, but sometimes we must endure discomfort to get to the end goal, right? So glad Mr. Baggins enjoys being brushed, that would not be a fun fight if he didn't! Have a wonderful week, Sharli!

Julia Aston said...

What pretty cards Sharli! Looks like you will have a fun time at the gathering - hope all goes well at the dentist! Ugh!

Curt in Indy said...

Really pretty cards! Love the Christmas trees. Snap dragons are among my favorites. I love the extra big, long ones. They are so colorful. Not envying you and the trip to the dentist. . . Hope it goes well. Hugs, Curt