Sunday, October 6, 2013

Modified "store-bought"

One of my favorite stores of them all is Target.  Last week while strolling through the store chatting with my darling daughter on the cell phone, I spied these note cards and little fireworks went off in my head!  I could "alter" these - take them "up a notch" and make them personal!  Into the basket lickety-split!  

The focal piece with the spray of fuschia sequins and turquoise glitter blobs was cut off the front of the card and cut down just slightly.  Then I used the corner rounder on the right-hand side.  I layered it onto a piece of Kraft cardstock (don't ask me why it looks orange in the photo - it's really Kraft).  Then onto a piece of Crystal Blue cardstock for the card base.  The only stamping was the sentiment - "friends forever".  

This particular sentiment seemed perfect for the card I had in mind - it was a thank you note from Mr. Bilbo Baggins to Meridith - one of my friends who comes to scrapbook on Open Stamping day!  Meridith brought Bilbo a toy mouse!  He was thrilled of course (I know how much because I haven't seen it since that day - I think it's under my bed).  This was the inside of the card . . .
;-)

It's been a good weekend, although too short again!  Our weather has calmed down and it is absolutely LOVELY here now!  The highs in the mid-80's and the lows in the upper 60's.  

We had the St. Francis day Blessing of The Animals at church - one of my favorite days!  I had so much fun meeting my church family's pets!  I spared Mr. Baggins as he gets so nervous!  Lord knows he needs a blessing, however!  Perhaps I can find a Priest that makes house calls???  LOL


Hope your weekend was excellent!  Hugs!!

6 comments:

Alanna said...

Wow Sharli this looks amazing. Your day at the church sounds like so much fun.

Jeanne said...

What a great idea to alter the store bought cards. You've done a lovely job on this one. How sweet of Mr. Bilbo Baggins to thank his special friend! How sweet of you to assist him. It sure sounds like you go to a very special church. How wonderful for you! Have a great day.

richardbreaks said...

SMART idea! I love this, Sharli!

Julia Aston said...

Hi Sharli! what a pretty card you created from the notes! Love the cat theme sentiment inside!! how fun! we had a blessing of the animals at our church on Sunday as well - it was fun to see the variety of mostly dogs that came!

Becca-expressions said...

I don't even go into the card aisle anymore, but after this idea I just might venture through!

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. No, I don't have a degree in graphic arts. I've just blog hopped until I found a number of very talented people whom I copy! :)

Meridith said...

Thanks Sharli! I love the card and I love Bilbo!