Sunday, November 9, 2014

Birthday - embossing on vellum


Did you know that I will prepare Close To My Heart gift certificates for you to use as gifts? This is a good time to be planning one - let me know who it's for (so I can personalize the certificate and card) and how much you want to give. Sent me the gift payment, and I'll send you the gift! I put a generous 12 month date on them as an expiration date. Most of the time these are used within a month! I can redeem the certificates with an e-mail, phone call, or hand-written order and the certificate can be combined with other discount specials and can be used as partial payment for big orders. I'm flexible like that!

The reason I used this particular post to explain all that is that this card was one I made recently for a surprise birthday party and it contained a tag gift certificate.  

I have tried embossing vellum before with near disastrous results! (The vellum was burning!). This time it worked. Whew! I think next time I might use silver embossing powder. Silver might stand out better . . .

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great card! So sorry that your first effort wasn't the best. Gotta keep moving that hot air, I guess. Glad you tried again!

Unknown said...

The embossing on vellum is so effective Sharli. Great card... xx

Julia Aston said...

How pretty Sharli! love the blue stars and the white embossed vellum!