Tuesday, October 10, 2017

This little box card was a lot of fun - I think I'll do something similar (in a gratitude theme) for my friends at Open Stamping later this month!  This one is for me - to remind me that I'm perfect - with all my warts!

The back part is scored to come around and make the bottom box. It's a little hard to see with that diagonal stripe paper!  I'll make one with another paper and post the details about size and scoring lines.  
So - how could this get better?  By being able to fold it up and put it in a regular A2 envelope!  No kidding!  

I used CTMH stamps (all retired Halloween - from two sets I believe) and the sentiment is one I found in a local scrapbook store in Superior, WI that is closing.  I got a big set of these cool "statements" for $4.  I quickly overcame my aversion to red rubber and snatched them up!   They are from a company called Dylusions.  The paper is from the new Seasonal Expressions mini-catalog "Cats & Bats" and the CTMH ink colors are Champagne, Black, and Goldrush rolled in Sunset. 

It feels great to be HOME and back in my studio.  It took many days to get things sorted out around the house here to a point that I felt like I had earned some craft time.  Woot!!  Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Welcome home, Sharli! So happy you "earned" your crafty time! That's one neat card! How fun for Halloween and really for encouraging someone. The fold is really fun. Even better that it fits into an envelope. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a happy day! :) Hugs!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun fold on this card! Welcome home!