Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Alcohol Pearl ink background


I HAD to try to create this card after seeing the one Debby Hughes / Lime Doodle made here.  I bought the Ranger set of Sublime, Tranquil (used here) and Intrigue (green, blue and pink).   I also bought alcohol blending solution but I've heard somewhere that a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and methanol / ethanol works too.  I'll try it and report back!  I bought some Yupo paper - it looks like photo paper, does anyone know if photo paper works also?  I used a brush to put blending solution of a portion of the Yupo paper.  I dropped the Tranquil and Sublime inks onto the pre-wetted area and then used a straw to blow it around a bit. You can also tip back and forth to make the colors run.  The Yupo paper made two cards when I cut it in half.  

Debby had decided to use white embossed vellum.  I didn't have her stamp set but used one of a flower arrangement that had open lines from CTMH.  It was a 35 Yr. Anniversary special and I don't believe it's still available so I won't look up the name of it.  

After heat embossing (from the backside!) I let it cool, then fussy cut it out.  I made a small sentiment tag from Pear cardstock and adhered it with foam adhesive tape. As I said before, I made two.  How nice to have two pretty cards ready at hand!  

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I haven't gotten the pearl alcohol inks, but it sounds like you use these the same way as the regular ones. The card is very pretty! Lovely colors. I don't know if photo paper works the same as yupo. Might be worth a shot to try it and see. Thanks very much for sharing Sharli!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is one fabulous card. Love your incredible background!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful AI background for your white embossed flowers!