Friday, February 5, 2016


My friends who were at Open Stamping watched me try to create these cards. I used sponge daubers to add ink from the ink pad directly to the stamp (Fern and Tulip) and I also stamped the same image using VersaMark Clear onto the Kraft Cardstock. The sentiments were stamped, but I wasn't satisfied so I took them apart and tried again. I heat embossed these onto vellum - and I have finally learned a really nifty trick! If you prepare for heat embossing as usual, then hold the vellum piece up in the air with the back-side facing you (and the heat gun) and heat it from the back, it works MUCH better! I could see immediately where the embossing powder was changing, and the end result was so smooth and perfect, without burning the vellum paper. You are welcome.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Wow, these are so very pretty, Sharli! Excellent work. Thanks for the great tip, too. :) Have a wonderful weekend!