Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Watercolor tag

This tag uses an "old" rubber mounted stamp that I've had for awhile.  I don't even remember when I got it or who makes it.  The label on the stamp showed all sorts of lovely shading and such - but I couldn't figure out how to achieve the look!  What I learned this year is that you can stamp the image with a light color (such as Flaxen) and then water color over it!  So, that is what I did!  So easy, really, since no-one expects watercolor to look perfect anyway!  The black scallop edge and sentiment were done with the 0.5 micron journaling marker.  

I made this to attach to the birthday gift of a dear friend. She's already seen the tag so I can safely post now!  (tee, hee).  

Hugs!!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Sharli! This is gorgeous! What a fantastic idea, to stamp in a light color and watercolor. It looks amazing! I also adore that sweet little scallop, done in black, to set off the stamp/watercoloring. Adore that butterfly! Fabulous work! :)

Becca-expressions said...

This is just beautiful!!!