Wednesday, February 24, 2016

45th Anniversary of my Beloved's Ordination to Priesthood


Sunday was the 45th anniversary of Steve's ordination.  I started planning a month ago to surprise him with a reception and chocolate cake for the coffee hours at church.  This card was provided (with an additional page to insert) for everyone to sign. 

I used the new "A" stamp Rejoice (the cross and the inside sentiment) and heat embossed the cross with Cocoa embossing powders.  The chalice and the sentiment on the front of the card are Waltzingmouse Stamps (Celtic).  The numbers 45 are from one of the CTMH alphabet sets.  

I thought I had surprised him - but when I got home from church I found in my mailbox that he had forwarded an invoice from the cake baker at about 9:30 the night before.  Oops!  At least he played along nicely during the coffee hours!  *giggle*

Hugs!!


2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card. Congratulations to your sweetheart. Too bad the surprise didn't quite work out, but I'm sure he was very touched that you took the time to plan the celebration. :) Again, a beautiful card to mark a very special anniversary. Hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...Congratulations to your sweetie, what an accomplishment! And how sweet of you to try to pull of a wonderful surprise and your card is simply amazing, so gorgeous!