Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A BABY card!

OMGSH, I made a card!!  It has been so long, and in a different studio where I had to search for everything!  I felt so clumsy!  Friends of ours had a baby girl (Olivia - isn't that pretty?!) and so as I rifled through my things, I fell on a stencil of hearts and thought it would make a lovely piece of design paper!  Then I added the Welcome Baby and stamped a pink giraffe with a frame around it's head!  LOL  Very silly, but cute anyway.  The cardstock for the base was store-bought, but the front was CTMH and I used Pixie and Pomegranate inks.  I highlighted the spots with the white gel pen, and put a teeny-tiny pearl for the eye.  A ribbon at the neck, and then - the inside:

I'd like to say there will be more soon, but truthfully - not sure!   We leave for another week of travel (NC and then NH).  My daughter is getting her Masters in Math Education from UNC-Charlotte this weekend, with honors!  I will be there to see her walk!  Then we get to spend Mother's Day together.  The first one in awhile - so I am thrilled about that, too.  Hugs!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Adorable card, Sharli! The stenciling looks great and you really can't go wrong with a cute giraffe. :) Well done for not having made a card in a while. Congrats to your daughter! What a fabulous culmination of years of hard work, I'm sure. Enjoy the ceremony and the visit! :)