Saturday, September 24, 2011

Autumn! Finally

I created this card with Waltzingmouse Stamps from two different sets (I think). I love the acorn! It's one stamp - so I stamped first with Close-to-my-Heart ink color Desert Sand and then inked just the cap of the acorn in Cocoa and stamped over it again. You can do that with acrylic stamps - they are SO awesome! ;-) The leaves are inked in garden green then rolled in barn red. The background was softened with Desert Sand and Antique Linen (Distress Inks) on the stipple brush. The card (4 x 4 square) is mounted on a sanded piece of textured cardstock in Cocoa color. I used this one for a masculine birthday.

My weekend is off to a great start! I went for a measurement yesterday and the dress is being made for me now! The shop where I went was just awesome - I highly recommend them. Mariee Gallery. Carrie and James Yeo are the owners and they know what customer service is all about!

This morning I got up early and did yard work in the beautiful coolness of the morning. I need to get off the computer and get into the shower now - I've got some errands, and then a funeral to attend at 1 PM for a dear, dear friend. Tonight I hope to be able to attend Elena's talent show (that will cheer me up!). My friends come to Open Stamping tomorrow after church - so we'll have an awesome Sunday.

Hugs!

7 comments:

Cibele Glazer said...

OMGee! This is fabulous and such a creative way to use these stamps. You're so good at thinking outside the box. Now I have to go and see if I have stamps that will allow me to CASE this. Glad you are having a great weekend and the dress is in the making!

Unknown said...

What a creatively cute birthday card for Fall! Love how you used those stamps and inks! Hope your Open Stamping went well today--happy new week!

Carla said...

Very nice card Sharli! Love the fall colors!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Sharli, this is a really neat card. I like the images and the design you created with them. Great job!

Sounds like your weekend was fun and productive...a great combination!

Alanna said...

Your card is beautiful Sharli. I love those acorns.

Glad to hear the dress is coming along and that you're so pleased with the shop.

Curt in Indy said...

Happy Autumn! I love the feel of your card Sharli. Love how you did the stamping too. I love acorns and I have a couple of acorn stamps. This inspires me to get them out and use them. Sounds like you are doing great, and that makes my heart happy. Best, Curt

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful acorn wreath Sharli! sounds like you had a full exciting weekend!