Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sympathy card

I never seem to get ahead on this particular type of card so that there is one already made when I need it. By the time I returned from my vacation up North, I needed three sympathy cards! This one came together very, very quickly - which was a good thing! It looks calm, and has just a little sophistication in that the entire panel is elevated on adhesive foam tape. I used a torn paper mask, and a stipple brush to create the soft lawn.

On a personal note, I found a wedding dress (again). It must have been meant to happened because I love the new dress twice as much as the first one. I also attended a Yoga workshop on Ayurveda, a home jewelry party, and had a hair appointment! In the coolness of the evening (90 degrees) I puttered in the yard. It's looking better - but still not really up to Steve's standards. LOL It's been a very good weekend!

Namaste.

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

I was just going to ask if you've found another dress, that is great that you like it more than the first! A beautiful card you've created, soft and soothing.

Unknown said...

Sharli, what a serene card!
And I'm so happy to hear that you've found your wedding dress! It was meant to be! Happy new week!

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Sharli. I know sympathy cards are so hard. I'm sure this will be appreciated.

Congrats on finding your dress. Sounds like things are moving along quite nicely for you!

Curt in Indy said...

You card's "look" is perfect for the reason, and I LOVE that sentiment. It is different than the run of the mill sentiments for this occasion. I really like this. And I'm relieved that you found another dress! I think you are right that things happen for a reason! Best, Curt