Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thank You! Inspired by Karen Baker
















This card was inspired by Karen Baker (a LOT of my cards are inspired by Karen!) and you can see her
post here. I used a BoBunny design paper and a retired (but favorite) Close-to-My-Heart stamp set. The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps - so you might say this is a real collage of products!

It was amazing how long it took me to make the first card I tried today. It's not very good - and took over 3 hours. I have been away from doing anything creative for so long that I had to prime the pump! So, once I finally got that one out of the way, then I was able to make a bunch more cards (2 of most of them). I've got 6 birthdays, 3 sympathy cards, 1 wedding, 1 welcome baby, and about 8 thank you notes to get sent this week. YIKES!! AND my stash of cards is getting low - so I guess I know what will be keeping me off the streets this week!

Speaking of having things to get done; I have a funny story for you. Remember how thrilled and relieved I was to finally find the perfect wedding dress? Well, at Steve's niece's wedding a couple of weeks ago, the mother-of-the-bride wore the
exact same dress - same color and everything. I'm not kidding! So, I'm back to the drawing board with that one! What are the chances?!?!

Do you have any funny stories from your wedding?
Hugs!

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Oh no, are you serious about the dress?! I bet your heart sank. Best wishes on finding another beautiful one, although I'm sure whatever you find will be beautiful on you. What a great card! Love the colors and how you've done up the sentiment. Sounds like you had a productive stamping weekend too, looking forward to seeing some of them in the future?

Alanna said...

What an absolutely beautiful card Sharli. Just lovely.

I can't believe that about the dress. That is just crazy. What are the chances? Good luck!

Unknown said...

Sharli, I love how you can use a variety of products and bring them all together in a fantastic piece of paper ART from your heart! Pretty card!

I know you'll find the RIGHT wedding dress for you...sometimes it all comes together kinda last minute! Just be open to all the possibilities. :) Maybe your first choice dress is the right one, and it will look totally different on you with your own accessories? You will KNOW! Warm thoughts & hugs!

My funny wedding day story would take a chapter to write in the book of "life with the ha-ha haases!".

Julie Ranae said...

It has been WAAAY too long...for a visit from me, that is!!!
I am SO beyond thrilled for you that you are looking for a wedding dress...how wonderful to find such happiness.
We love having Karen Baker on our design team over at CAS-ual Fridays...she is a talented and kind-hearted lady for sure.
So glad I stopped by...your cards are so beautiful and ALWAYS creative!

Curt in Indy said...

What are the chances of that happening???? And as a matter of fact, I've NEVER heard of that happening! Good thing the wedding you attended wasn't way closer to your wedding day, or you would be in a panic! Love the collage of stamps you used on your card today. Really turned out beautifully! Best, Curt