Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy birthday

This "masculine" birthday card is for a dear friend who has such a discerning eye - I hope it appeals to him! The products were all Close-to-My-Heart with the exception of the large "Happy" - which was a Waltzingmouse Stamps sentiment. I created the "cardboard" with a piece of kraft paper run through the crimper and carefully torn and rumpled a little.
Steve and I spent last weekend in San Francisco! We had a wonderful time exploring the area and will certainly need to return again to take in things we simply ran out of time to see! This photo was taken on a sailing ship that is in the National Park there at the wharf. The ships were open for free tours - we think it was in honor of Veterans Day. The small edge of an island you can almost see on the left side of the photo is Alcatraz. It looks so close ( ! ) but they say there are sharks in the water . . . and I know the water is cold! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Hugs!

7 comments:

Carla said...

This card is gorgeous Sharli! Love it - I'm sure your friend will too!

Cibele Glazer said...

Your card is fabulous! And you look sooooo happy!

Jane said...

Pretty card, Sharli! I love the crimped detail and the Fall leaves! What a nice photo of you and Steve--so happy for you!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous masculine design...the colors are sooo pretty and I love how you layered all the elements!!! Sounds like you had a great time in San Francisco...it's such a wonderful place...hope I get to go back one day for another visit!!!

Shirley said...

A really wonderful male card, Sharli! Love how your did your leaves and the die cuts for your sentiment. The colors are beautiful. TFS on the visit to SF. I get homesick for the closeness.

Scossie Jane said...

Loving this photo of you and Steve - you look so happy.... Hugs x

Curt in Indy said...

Your birthday card is gorgeous. Certainly manly and rustic. Those leaves are beautiful! I can't believe I've not been here since this post! Shame on me! Great pic of you and Steve. Gorgeous backdrop for sure. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a glorious New Year. Hugs, Curt