Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fuzzy Sock Cupcakes

This is the technique that we made at Open Stamping last weekend. The cupcake liner was made from some "retired" CTMH design paper that was layered (adhered) to a strip of cardstock. I made the template for cutting the shape (so it would curve just right) by cutting open a plastic cup. The crimper tool (remember that one?!) was dusted off and used to make the liner look even more like a real cupcake liner! This took just moments to make and it's so cute! I prepared a Word document tutorial so e-mail me if you need it!

I know we shouldn't wish our life away but I will be really, really glad when it's this time tomorrow. I am not looking forward to work tomorrow. I can't really go into the details, but it will be challenging and exhausting. So, perhaps tomorrow night by this time I'll be comatose in my jammies.

Only 4 more sleeps until I get to see my darling Steve. {deep sigh}
Hugs!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

This is so sweet!

Terrie Dodd said...

I lucked out Sharli....I don't have to go to work tomorrow as I worked two extra days this week...Good luck! I will be thinking about you all. Love the sockcake...I made these for a scrapbook retreat last year and everyone loved them.

Jeanne said...

Ooh how fun! Thanks for sharing how you made the liner. It looks great.

Hope you make it through your tough day okay. Maybe it'll go faster than you think and before you know it one more sleep is gone until you see Steve. *Ü*

Julia Aston said...

What a fun project Sharli! love the 'ice cream' and your creative cone! hope you survived your day!

Cibele Glazer said...

I made these last year for my daughter at Christmas. They are so much fun and easy to make. Love that this looks like vanilla and chocolate.

Curt in Indy said...

Super cute project! Your comment about work seemed ominous. I hope it is not something distressing! Hugs, Curt