Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reception favors

A huge shout out to my CTMH upline, Joanne Zubal and unit sister, Melinda Flax for helping me on Saturday put together about half of the reception favors for my wedding! We had a wonderful evening together - working and talking (and giggling!). A note about what this entailed: I found pillow boxes on clearance at Mich@els in the baby section that were a lovely pale pink - almost so pale you couldn't tell they were pink! I went all over town to find 300 of these babies (oops, pun not intended!). Because the pillow box paper was kind-of slick (i.e. no stamping) I came up with the idea of using an embossing template and running them through the Cuttlebug. Joanne can kill me for that idea later! Inside we put small food-quality bags filled with personalized M&Ms in pink, cream, white, red, and maroon. Then we wrapped a ribbon, tied a bow of coordinating tulle to give it that "poofy-wedding" look, and created the labels (using Spellbinders scalloped oval dies) and made them into stickers using the Xyron sticker machine.

Joanne & Mel also helped me pick out one of the wines to be served at the reception ;-) What troopers!

My weekend has been so busy and so awesome! I am so thankful for my friends who cared enough to come help me!

Hugs!

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Karen B. said...

These look fantastic!

Shirley said...

What great gifts and how exciting for you too! I hear you on the friends!

Alanna said...

These are so beautiful. I love the embossing on them. So nice that you had good friends to help.

Jeanne said...

What beautiful favors, Sharli. I'm so happy for you that you got so many done and had good friends help you. Your wedding is going to be wonderful!

Cibele Glazer said...

These are GORGEOUS! I soooo want one. :)

Unknown said...

Sharli, the favors are beautiful & everyone will treasure the hand-made pretties! So excited for you!

Curt in Indy said...

Wow! Such perfect reception favors Sharli! Brilliant idea to run them through the CB. These turned out beautifully! You all did a great job with these! Hugs! Curt

Julie Ranae said...

OK...I just realized that the wedding date is on the favors...LOL
So beautiful...it is going to be a glorious day indeed!