Sunday, October 30, 2011

Welcome Little One

This card was inspired by one I saw on another blog - but the photo wasn't signed and I've forgotten where I saw it (PLEASE tell me you know so I can give proper credit!). I love the over-all effect! Very fun.

Today was Open Stamping at my house and my friends are just awesome! We had a wonderful afternoon! First we took a moment to do a "foot spa" - we slathered our feet in foot cream, put on bread loaf plastic bags and then athletic socks over the bags. Then we set to work on our afternoon play. 4 hours later when we removed the socks and bags, our feet we so-o-o-o soft! We voted to make this a regular event at the Open Stamping - I think that's a wonderful idea and will have our socks and bags all ready for us!

Then, in keeping with the sock theme, we made fuzzy sock cupcakes! I'll have to take a photo to post for you. I've seen these done and they are so stinkin' adorable I thought they were difficult! No Way! These are super-easy and seem to turn out cute no matter what you do! My kind of project.

Hope your Halloween is safe and freaky fun!
Hugs!

10 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

SO SWEET!!! Love your card!

Maheen said...

I love this card.Give me more choice.
custom gift cards

Jeanne said...

What a fun afternoon you all had Sharli. Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in the cupcake you mentioned as well...never heard of it.

Your box is so pretty. Can't help you give credit, but I sure can admire the craftsmanship!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. *Ü*

Alanna said...

Shat a darling card. So soft and pretty. I love the colors together that you used.

Sounds like a heavenly day spent pampering your feet, crafting and hanging with friends.

mE said...

This is gorgeous! I love the little pin holding the sentiment!

Love that you pampered your footsies and can't wait to see your fuzzy sox cupcakes.

SO excited that wedding schtuff is coming together and getting closer, too.

INky Smiles!

ERin

Carla said...

GORGEOUS Sharli!! Love it!

Karen B. said...

Such a fabulous baby card!

Scossie Jane said...

What an adorable baby card Sharli, love the big pink bow. I bet your feet still feel great - must give that a try.... Hugs x

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card and what fun getting there too!!

Unknown said...

The vertical and the diagonal elements make this card so interesting--just gorgeous. Made from your heart!