Friday, October 14, 2011

Sympathy

This is one of the sympathy cards that I sent for recent events. I really like the overall effect and it came together quickly. I used a beautiful music background stamp that is wood mounted (not sure where I got it!) and the sentiment from a WMS stamp set (with the little dotted oval) that is on the tag. The papers, ink, and leaves are from Close-to-My-Heart. The brown string I re-purposed after Steve and I worked in his garden during my last trip up to Minnesota - he had used a long length of delicious brown string as a plumb line (to keep the wall straight) and was going to throw it away! I grabbed it!!!! Isn't it wonderful?! I wonder if he bought it at the hardware store? I've got quite a stash right now - but it would be nice to know for the future.

The wedding is approaching at warp speed! Help!!! No, I don't mean it - I'm ok.
I have a lot to do but I do some every day and my lists are keeping me focused. I've asked my CTMH consultant sisters to come help me make the party favors for the reception and a lot of them have said they will! I know we will not only create pretty favors, but we will have a wonderful afternoon being together - these women are so very dear to me! It's amazing just knowing that I can ask for help and they are right there!

My weekend is lining up to include: A meeting with the photographer, create a minimum of 10 more scrapbook pages for the reception scrapbook, mailing my shoes to the place that will dye them to match my dress, and about a million other little details. I love the weekends when I can really make some progress on my wedding to-do list! What do you have planned for the weekend?

Hugs!

6 comments:

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card Sharli. I just love it.

I'm so glad you have some help to make the favors. A big job for sure. Enjoy the time doing it.

Jeanne said...

Lovely and soothing sympathy card.

I liked the story about the plumb line. Great way to recycle, too!

Good luck on making progress on all the facets of your wedding. I've no doubt it will all come together beautifully. I know you'll enjoy the time shared with your friends making the decorations.

Carla said...

Beautiful card Sharli!! Love the leaves!

Be sure to share pics of the favors when they are done!! Have fun!

Julia Aston said...

Love the color of your leaves on this Sharli as well as the music background - how exciting to have your wedding coming up and all under control!

Curt in Indy said...

This makes a beautiful sympathy card. And yes, that string is awesome, and I would have grabbed it too. I wish I lived close, because you could certainly count on me to be there helping you all the way up to "the day". It would certainly be a privilege to do so. Hugs, Curt

Shirley said...

Your leaves are awesome and that button is just so perfect for them! The whole card really does 'sing'!