Saturday, March 3, 2012

Technique - Sea Turtle!

I didn't "technique" the Sea Turtle, exactly - the technique for our Open Stamping was the little bit of ribbon (color-ready seam binding) that we dyed to match our papers! The card is very simple, and the seam binding is awesome since I can now dye it to match any of our beautiful colors of paper (ink). For this example, we mixed a few drops of re-inker in a small spray pen and sprayed a piece of seam binding. Because we're always in a hurry, we used the heat gun to dry the ribbon. Perfect!

Hi everyone! I've missed you! I've been watching your blogs occasionally - and have been into the craft room only to make more thank you cards for wedding remembrances - not that I'm complaining! I am so happy!!! You'll laugh - I haven't been able to post for the last three weeks because I couldn't find the cable for my new camera. Honestly! Today I made a concerted effort . . . tore apart my craft room, emptied all my purses, even checked the console in the car! Nope. Well, I found it beside the computer. It was black, not gray. I was looking, all this time, for the wrong cable! (oh dear!) In my defense, this is the first time I've downloaded from my new camera other than when we slipped the memory card into Steve's laptop while on our honeymoon.

Hope you are doing well! Oh! And here's the hint about how to pronounce my new name: "Schait" rhymes with "gate".

Hugs!!

8 comments:

Alanna said...

Your card is darling Sharli and I love how you matched the ribbon to the papers. I need to get some of that stuff.

I'm so glad to see you around in blogland. Happy that you found the missing cord. Hugs!

Alanna said...

Your card is darling Sharli and I love how you matched the ribbon to the papers. I need to get some of that stuff.

I'm so glad to see you around in blogland. Happy that you found the missing cord. Hugs!

Terrie Dodd said...

Glad your back to blogland...I've missed you! Love your card too!

Jeanne said...

Hi Sharli! So happy to see you posting. Kind of funny about the cable, been there, done that. Glad you found it finally and that you've had a little time to play.

Hope married life is treating you well and hope to see you again soon!

Hugs!

stampmonkey said...

Your card is really cute, Sharli. I made one with a turtle about a week ago, only mine was blue (not very realistic, I know). ;P I've yet to color my own seam binding, but you make it sound so simple, I'm definitely going to have to give it a try soon.

Funny story...glad you found your camera cable. ;)

blessings,
Christi

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, fantastical ... you're back!! Yippee! So good to have you back, Sharli ... and oh-my-word, your card is amazing! So beautiful ... love that image and the fab color palette. You're still the best!

Sending hugs!

Julia Aston said...

Hi Sharli! Good to see you back crafting on the old blog! Don't you hate when what you lost is right in front of you all the time!! Love the paper you used with the turtle!

Cibele Glazer said...

What a great card! I have to thank you for reminding me to add the seam binding to my next order. So glad your back in your studio and I'm looking forward to more fabulous creations from you!!