Friday, January 4, 2013

Sympathy cards

I know it happens, but it seems cruel somehow to lose someone during the holidays.  Just when the world around you is building up a frenzy of parties and gift exchanging, feasts, music and joy - there you are, standing alone.  We have learned of several such losses recently.  I lifted this design from my friend Cibele Glazer on this post.  I've kept it for awhile - and I used different stamps but the basic design is the same.  Thanks Cibele for a lovely card. 

I returned to work this week - half-days.  It has been exciting, and exhausting!  I love being at work, but I don't really like the alarm clock going off in the morning (I was spoiled!).  I guess I'll get used to it again.  LOL

Hope your weekend is wonderful!
Hugs!!

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

Happy news to return to work! Oh my word, this card is ever beautiful and so very peaceful! I really like the softness that the text adds behind the flower.

Nancy Ball said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card, Sharli. I'm sorry to hear of somber circumstances for its creation.
Happy New Year!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Your stamps,Karen. I just love them! I should have given you credit!!

Jeanne said...

Such a lovely card to help ease the pain of a difficult circumstance.

Congratulations on easing back to the work life. All signs of a great recovery!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely sympathy card Sharli - the colors are so soft and comforting! So sorry you had to go back to work!! glad that it's just half days at first - that's a good way to ease back into the routine!

Curt in Indy said...

The timing of these things is never good but at the holidays it couldn't be worse. Your card is lovely. I'm glad to hear you are well enough to get back to work. That is very good news! Hugs, Curt

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card for such a hard occasion. I'm glad to hear that you are back to work. Don't overdo it though.

Unknown said...

The card is beautiful and so serene! I'm so glad to hear you're easing back into your work routine slowly!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful and I am sure who ever receives this will be so grateful for the time you spent making it.

Cibele Glazer said...

Oh Sharli! You did a fabulous job and this turned out so lovely. I'm sorry that you needed a sympathy card, as that is never easy. Take good care of yourself my friend. <3