Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Winter Birthday

I used Papertrey Ink stamps for this project with Close-to-My-Heart papers and inks.  The image, from Autumn Hills, was colored with CTMH alcohol markers and highlighted with a Spica gel glitter pen.  There is a lot of dimension and texture to this one - I love, love, love the way the layers came together - in real life this card is so rich looking!  Products included:  Twilight cardstock and ink, Aspen papers, and the houndstooth was from Dakota.  The sentiment inside says simply Happy Winter Birthday

We did get out to see The Hobbit - and the weekday matinee is absolutely the way to go - I believe there were less than 12 people in the theater!  I loved parts, didn't like parts, and look forward to part 2 as they only did half of the story.  I wasn't expecting that - but I've been ignoring the publicity on the story since I knew how it goes already and I like to make my own opinions on the "artistry" of the productions.  

I have Physical Therapy again later today - wish me luck! 

11 comments:

Jane said...

Love your rich coloring on this, Sharli! I can see this art framed for a wall. :) How fun for you to get out to see The Hobbit! Keep up the good work with your PT and you'll be hiking the trails this spring, pain-free! Thank God!

Carla said...

Pretty card Sharli! Great colouring!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. Great coloring

Karen B. said...

What an awesome card, lots of details. I hope you have a very merry holiday! And, happy anniversary to you and Steve!

Jeanne said...

Great job on coloring this lovely image, Sharli. Those markers color really well.

Glad you enjoyed the movie. Good luck with your therapy.

Peanut said...

Gorgeous card, Sharli. The colouring is lovely... not too much just perfect for the background. Hope all goes well with the therapy.

Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blog. Wishing you a Blessed Christmas.

Unknown said...

How sweet is this card Sharli, love the image and the colouring. Just want to wish you and the family a very Merry Christmas dear blogging friend... Hugs Jane xx

Curt in Indy said...

This is beautiful! Love the patterns you used and that stamp is awesome! Wishing you the merriest of Christmases and the happiest of New Years! Best, Curt

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sharli! Love the little scene and fancy pom pom trim!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful winter village Sharli! nicely colored! Hope your PT continues to go well and you are feeling better every day! Wishing you a crafty, HEALTHY 2013 GF!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just beautiful. I love this stamp set, but since I don't color I never purchased it, but you did an amazing job with it. Love all of the fabulous detail that you added to your card. So beautiful!