Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Open Stamping and other news

This card is a great example of how flexible some design layouts and even design papers can be.  Remember the Valentine I posted here?  Well, I selected this valentine for my friends at Open Stamping to make when we met this past weekend.  They seemed to love it - but I had prepped a few more cards than we used so I took the extra packets and made . . . 3 sympathy cards!  Instead of the CTMH stamps Bliss I used PTI stamp Autumn Abundance found here.  I colored the image with CTMH's new alcohol markers (golly - they are wonderful to use!).  The sentiment was from another set, Craft's Meow Hope Blooms (here); created by the uber talented Karen Baker of The Bald Dragonfly blog.  I  stamped it with Olive pigment ink from CTMH.  I've learned that pigment is better than dye ink when stamping over design papers because it is more opaque. Since the pieces were cut, these were fast to make.  It's a good thing because in my busy physical therapy life I had only an hour to work on this and Steve needed two cards.  

I cannot believe how fast the time is passing.  Tomorrow will be four weeks.  I'm discussing with my doctors how soon I might be allowed to drive, and am trying to wean myself off of the codeine pain meds.  That's going fairly well, not perfect.  By the time I've finished all my exercises, I'm just flat worn out.  Sunday was an example of how little stamina I have and I am reminded that a total knee replacement is a major surgery.

Steve is taking me to see Adams Family at Gammage auditorium tonight - I'm looking forward to it!  I am almost at a point where I can sit still, too, which will help.  LOL  

I've been visiting even if not posting.  I love the work you are all doing - my creative, artistic friends!  HUGS!!

5 comments:

Carla said...

Very pretty! Love that you mixed the Flirty & Stella papers :-) Glad your recovery is going well! Sounds like you'll be back to normal activities in no time!

Nancy Ball said...

This is a very pretty card. I, too, am happy to hear your recovery is going well. I hope you enjoy your night out, tonight!

Karen B. said...

Glad you are on the road to recovery, and starting to do some fun things. Your card is beautiful, and sure will be a little bit of light to someone when they most need it.

Jeanne said...

Great job on the card, Sharli. Don't you just love it when your tools are so versatile? The card is very pretty. I'm glad that open stamping went well and hope you enjoyed your night out. So happy to hear your recovery is going so well! Just don't overdo (said in my best "mom" voice! Hee, hee.

Kim Heggins said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! You are just so kind. You have been a busy bee, so many fun cards and tags. Your sympathy card is really beautiful!