Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Tags

I took a break from valentine cards to create some tags to use on gifts this year.  I was especially happy with these little snowman tags.  The last time I used this stamp set, I colored the image with dye ink and a water brush.  This time I used the new CTMH alcohol markers and let-me-tell-you, the markers are awesome!  Much easier!  

Last week (Thursday) it began to rain in the Phoenix area.  We haven't had rain since August so it was a blessing!  Usually rain here is hard and fast - most of it running off in flash floods that travel away from the soil and do nothing for the plants.  The typical rains are over in an hour or two and come with strong, damaging winds.  This rain was gently and lasted three full days and nights.  My yard is sighing in relief!  The plants actually look happy!  The large pine trees in my back-yard are twinkling with dew drops!  The pitter-patter of raindrops have been nightly music for the best sleep!  I'll miss the rain - and I hope I can remember how wonderful it was for a little while!  

I know we all have heavy hearts following the most recent massacre in Connecticut.  You are not alone in your grief.  

Hugs. 

9 comments:

Laurel said...

These are so cute, I still love that stamp!

Carla said...

Super cute Sharli! That little snowman has always been one of my favourite CTMH images!

Nancy Ball said...

Now there is my favourite little guy....so cute for tags. I feel bad I didn't ink him up this year....happy to see someone got this little guy some ink this year!

Jeanne said...

Great tags, Sharli! I think I still have that set somewhere...but alas no alcohol markers. Congrats on the rain. Yay for helpful moisture. Our mountains have been so dry, too and thankfully they are starting to get some much needed snow! And, yes, our hearts go out to Sandy Hook and Newtown. :(

Alanna said...

What darling tags Sharli. I love that image, used him several times myself. They look great colored with those new markers.

So happy to hear that you all got some good rain.

maria f. said...

Such cute tags. Happy rain to you in Phoenix. I lived in Phoenix back in the 80s - went to Thunderbird in Glendale. As a MI gal, I was not used to that walk-out-your-door-and-feel-like-you've-stepped-into-a-hot-oven feel. I remember how psyched we'd all be on campus if there was a day that we didn't have to wear sunglasses.

Karen B. said...

Aww, these tags are super sweet!

Jane said...

Cute tags! Love all the musical notes and polka dots and details! So glad you've gotten some moisture there!

Kim Heggins said...

ohhhh, these are just too cute! What a sweet little snowman and that little red bird, perfect!