Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gift Card holder

As often happens, once I pull out an old favorite stamp set I use it over and over again!  I was totally smitten by this darling gift card holder that Anna Wight made (here).  She even includes the cutting / scoring instructions which worked perfectly!  *grin*  I used a tiny velcro dot to hold the flap down.  Inside I tucked a little surprise for someone dear to me.  I think on this photo you can even see the Spica gel glitter pen that I used for the snow.  Very sparkly in real life. 

Last night Steve took me out to dinner with four of our friends.  It was lovely to see them and spend a few hours laughing and talking over good food.  I even put on eye make-up for the first time in over a month!  Being an invalid has made me lazy, I'm afraid!  Anyway, I enjoyed the evening!

We are hoping to go see The Hobbit today at a matinee.  :-)

Hugs!  

5 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Adorable!! I'm glad you found the card holder and instructions I shared useful! I am happy to hear that you're getting around better and better every day after your surgery. You'll be dancing and twirling in no time! :)

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet little snowman on this great gift card holder Sharli! Sounds like you had a lovely evening out - hope you got to see the Hobbit - Matinee's are the best time to go without the crowds!!

Jeanne said...

Great job on the holder. That little snowman is a cutie.

I'm so glad you are getting out and about and recovering well, Sharli. Keep up the great work, both in your crafty endeavors and in your recovery!

richardbreaks said...

Super cute! Hope you're feeling better!

Kim Heggins said...

Sounds like you are having a great time with your friends. Your card is just as cute as the tags you made. It would be so fun to get a gift card is this adorable envelope.