Friday, June 5, 2015

a boy-card

Birthday cards for boys are a little ok, a lot, different than cards for girls! I found an example of a fabulous one (alas! No watermark so I can't tell you who!) and I tried to copy it. There were a few changes due to the paper and ribbon I had on hand, and I realized looking for the artist's name that the original card included three colors on the sentiment (the top section was possibly Pacifica). The balloons on the original had been cut with a Cricut, while I stamped mine. The lagoon one was stamped on the reverse, cut out and flipped over and popped up for dimension.

It turned out fine and was fun to make! My favorite part is probably the spray of dots across the page. What a playful accent and it indicated a breeze to my eye. 

Hugs!
Edited to add: I found the original! It was here on Jeanette Lynton's blog! No wonder I loved it so much!!!! 

5 comments:

Kandi said...

This is adorable Sharli! I just love that little monster and I love how you made one of the balloons with the patterned paper. Thanks for sharing! And thank you for the nice comments you leave on my blog. It's nice to know that someone is reading it. :)

Alanna said...

How cute is this little monster? I love him, the balloons and all the fun ribbons.

Jeanne said...

Terrific card, Sharli! That little monster guy is so cute and I really like the colors, the stamps, the twine for the string and that dot spray. Oh and the sentiment looks great with that ombre. Extremely well done!!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute...love your sweet little alien!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun card with the one eyed monster! love the colors and patterns you chose!