Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Hexagons

A dear friend recently gave me a Fiskars hand punch that makes hexagons! I also have three different stamp sets (at least!) that are hexagons. So the other day I grabbed the punch and some paper scraps and began to build a "Get Well" card. The colors and design were made with a man in mind so there are no frilly bows. The papers are Jackson from the Seaonal Expressions 2, now retired, I believe. 

This card, as you can see, is a bit more feminine! I love this paper and how it turned out! I only had sample pieces, and the pink on white border piece is not CTMH, but it all came together so nicely. The sentiment is from a new set called "finding the words". Hope the photos are clear enough!

Hugs!!!

4 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Both cards are GORGEOUS, Sharli. I seem to not use hexagons enough!

Jeanne said...

How nice of your friend, Sharli! You certainly made good use of it! Both cards are terrific. I really like that you made a masculine and feminine version. The colors on each are wonderful. Great job!

Kim Heggins said...

Two fabulous cards...love all those hexagons and they looks simply wonderful on your cards. Love your fabulous little organizer behind your cards too, looks very nice.

Julia Aston said...

What a great design using the hexagons Sharli - on both cards! Wonderful mix of patterns and colors! Julia xx