Thursday, April 21, 2016

Second card for my friend's family


My friend leaves behind two grown children with spouses, and two precious granddaughters.  So, I made two cards; one for the son and his family and the other for her daughter and family.  This one used heat embossing on kraft cardstock. The flower elements were colored with a white chalk marker and the firmer, thin lines, were added with a Derwent pencil.  The piece die cut from the bottom of the kraft piece was used on the bottom of the inside page.  

Don't take your friends for granted. 

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

A beautiful cards nd truly meaningful post. Sorry for your loss.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! The white on kraft is very striking. I'm sure your friend's family will so appreciate your thoughtfulness. I have a feeling your friend knew just how much you loved her. Big hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

So sorry for your loss but what a beautiful you made for the family. I pray that it brings comfort to the family.