Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sympathy cards


I have learned first hand how important it is to have some sympathy cards on hand; and how difficult it is to make them when you are heart-broken. One of my friends, who comes to the monthly Open Stamping days and has for over 10 years, died suddenly. She was on a vacation, having a blast if I know her at all! I had to take frequent breaks to rest and compose along the way. 
The middle section was masked and Sorbet and some Smoothie were sponged on between the two masks (upper and lower). Then leaving the masks in place, I inked up a background stamp with Sunset and added the design element. The twine is some Steve used in the garden years ago to stake out a flowerbed border (I grabbed it!). The butterflies (stamps and dies) are Winged Beauties from My Favorite Things. Each butterfly had a "wink of Stella" clear added over the color. The sentiment is Verve - Forever in our hearts.
And she is.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my gosh, Sharli! I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss in your circle of friends. That is just one of life's hardest events. I know you will forever remember her in your heart. The card you've created is definitely one from the heart and is truly beautiful. Big and gentle hugs to you and her family!

Kim Heggins said...

Sharli, so sorry for your loss of such a dear friend. Your card is so beautiful, I know it will bring comfort to her family.