Thursday, November 10, 2016

House by the forest

This card was inspired by a Pinterest card that used different stamps.  The layout is very much the same but the other artists card was to celebrate a new home and I made mine a Christmas card.  I used all CTMH stamps, paper and inks.  

The house was from a set of winter country scenes - I cut away (*gasp*) two trees from either side of the house because I wanted the big trees to be more in the background.  I colored the house with watercolor pencils and gave the snow a little dab of glimmer ink (like wink of stella).  I was at a weekend retreat with my friends when I snapped this photo - I went into "production" mode until my pencils got too dull and no-one had a pencil sharpener!  Fun times.  I had other things to work on - and we had a blast away from routine chores and distractions.  I love getting away for a few days to just be with my dear friends!  

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lovely scene, colored beautifully, Sharli! Cutting away part of a stamp always seems scary doesn't it? Even though we know it will fit back with no problem. Good for you for modifying the image to get the scene way you wanted. You've created a beautiful scene! Sounds like an amazing time, as well, on your weekend retreat. Bummer about the lack of a sharpener, though. :) Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card and you are so brave to do stamp surgery! I simply love the results and those trees are so beautiful. Your coloring is perfection, lovely holiday card.

Kandi said...

I love this! Super cute!!

maria f. said...

Such a cozy little setting, perfect for a holiday card. Hope your holidays are wonderful, Sharli.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely winter scene Sharli! Beautiful coloring on the house - and pretty framing with the stitched edge die and red card base! Julia xx