Monday, November 7, 2016

Shine Bright and a Flop Card

Well, I bought a "flop card" die from My Favorite Things - but I had to watch the You Tube video three times to understand it!  When I finally did "get it", I realized that my card was very "simply" decorated before the cut/score lines were added.  On the inside, I simply flipped over the pattern paper that I had added to the front of the card and cut a little edge to create some pattern.  The lonely "Rejoice" in the upper corner can actually be seen as you begin to flop the card open.  

All stamps and papers were Close To My Heart.  The inside sentiment on the last photo is in the current Holiday Expressions book - it is one of their awesome "A" size stamps ($6.95) and I there are 4 ways to add stars in the package also.  

There is a way to use the flop card die cut to make an easel card but the oval would be horizontal (so this image would not fit).  I think I'll try that next!  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Well, that is really cool! Glad you had the persistance to figure it out. Your card is lovely and festive. Great job, Sharli! :) Hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous and beautiful card...love them both. Love your wonderful and sweet holiday sentiments and your sweet little lady!