Friday, November 23, 2018

Open Stamping - (Nov. 4)- shaker card

I discovered this card on the consultant web-side and borrowed it! I loved that she used the Grateful Heart papers to do a shaker card! I changed several things, but to be honest, it still looks very much like her design so if I can find her post I'll edit this one to let you know who made it! All CTMH products. I made the dark pearls by using the ShinHan alcohol marker to color a white pearl. (neat trick!). I ran out of the red design paper (and pomegranate cardstock!) so I used a piece from BoBunny for the large mat. My card is on a white card base - the original was on Pomegranate. In the second photo you might be able to see the shimmer pen I used on the center of the flower. A subtle touch.

After the stamping day, I used the leftovers that had been prepped to make some Happy Birthday cards!  Very useful!

This close up "may" show the shimmer brushwork on the center of the flower.  Also, I love that the CTMH thin cuts for the shaker window include little inserts that make hearts or stars!  You can coordinate anything!

BIG NEWS!!!  My daughter and her husband (my son-in-law) are coming for Christmas!!!!  I haven't had her in AZ for 3 years and I'm very excited!  They live across the country in North Carolina, and surprised me with the news for Thanksgiving!  Woot!!!! 

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli. I love the colors and the shaker element. How fun that the die cuts the filler shapes for the shaker, too! Can definitely see the sparkle and shine on the center of the flower. All around lovely card. Fantastic news for you, too! How exciting. I'm sure your Christmas will be extra, extra special this year. Hugs!