Friday, September 30, 2011

Thanks for the Hospitality!

This is a fun (quick) card hat simply uses the flatware and a decorative oval to imply a plate - the thank you note was for a lovely home-made lunch with friends in Minnesota. I was inspired by someone - but for the life of me can't find the post that started this effort. The person (please tell me if you know who!) random stamped the background, where I used the design paper, and the color scheme was red, white and black where mine is clearly not!

TGIF. It's been a great week - lots and lots of things have been accomplished and yet, my "to-do" lists seem to keep growing! Well, the "things done" list does too. So, progress is being made.

I am hoping for an early bed and to sleep in tomorrow. I purchased bacon (I have been craving bacon!) for breakfast tomorrow . . . so I hope I can sleep and not wake up early thinking about my treat! LOL

Enjoy your Saturday, too, dear friends!
Hugs!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very pretty card, Sharli. I'm sure the recipients will be touched by your efforts.

Glad to hear you are making progress on your to-do list and also that you are making some time to do fun creative projects (like the cards) as well.

Enjoy that bacon!

Cibele Glazer said...

Simple and elegant. Love it! Oh, and I'd be happy to share your treat with you. ;-)

Karen B. said...

I always like visiting hear to read about your excitement and see your beautiful creations, such as this one today!

Unknown said...

Another elegant & creative card--great work, Sharli!

Curt in Indy said...

LOL! You and I share another thing in common. . .BACON!!! OMGosh, I could eat bacon morning, noon, and night (as a matter of fact I have many times!). Now you have me hungry for bacon. I love it so much, that I even buy the boxed pre-cooked kind so I can throw a bacon sandwich together for a snack! LOL See, all I've done is talk about bacon and not your card! The card is fabulous. Ironically, I just bought a stamp similar to this at Michael's in their $1 bin and plan to use it on cards to say thanks for meals that neighbors sometimes make for us. We certainly do think alike don't we? Glad to hear you are getting lots done. Hugs, Curt