Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Baptism card

Would you believe it?  In all the goodness of my "North" studio, I didn't have a single cross stamp?  Amazing. Well, I decided to make a Baptism card without one.  The design paper that is under the circles and ribbons is one of the brand new Fundamental Basics designs.  The color is probably Pebble, but I'm not 100% sure.  LOL 

I used the new color Nutmeg to stamp the wreath branches (see my mess-up photo below - isn't that a GORGEOUS color?!), and Lagoon to stamp the flowers.  After trying to use a "wink of stella" pen, and having the ink run (OMGSH) I found that a Sakura Gelly Roll pen (Clear Star) worked to put a little sparkle in the center of the flowers. 
The inside was decorated with a piece of the dot design paper and stamped with a sentiment from the retired CTMH stamp set "Greatest Love".  I did manage to leave a small space for us to write a message to our new little guy.  


2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli. You did a wonderful job for not having a cross stamp. The colors and the papers are lovely. Oops about the Wink of Stella. I think the formula of the glitter ink inside must be water based. I've had a few things run myself. Trial and error, right? But the Sakura pen looks great! Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good day. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is simply beautiful. Love your gorgeous card, and I agree with Jeanne, it looks perfect even though you did not have a cross stamp.