Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Puddle Pad Technique

I posted a similar card recently that prompted a friend to ask me to teach this technique at the next Open Stamping.  We've done it before, but it was probably over 10 years ago!!  I started with two no-scent, alcohol free baby wipes and folded them together into a compact "ink pad".  I selected Lemon, Tangerine, Blosson, Pear, Sky, and Pansy for my ink colors.  You use re-inkers for this technique.
This shows me dropping the ink onto the pad in stripes.
The stamp of diamond shapes is a textured stamp - you can see when I put it on the paper in the next photo that the images are splotchy - that's intentional. 
This last photo shows the front and inside pages of a standard A2 card after stamping.  I then used water color pencils to finish the bird image and some Shimmer Brush to add touches of sparkle.  The base for the card was Smokey Plum from CTMH.  I wish I could tell you that this stamp set is still available, but ALAS, it is not.  Still, a fun technique to learn!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh yes! I remember that technique. And I taught it a time or two as well. Thanks for bringing up a fun memory, Sharli. Your card is lovely with that rainbow of color. :) Hugs!

maria f. said...

Rainbow is always a good choice! Love those little color touches to a CAS design, especially with the B/W. Happy Easter to you Sharli!