Sunday, August 19, 2018

Another Christmas Card

I saw the most stunning watercolored card last year that used this stamp set from Whimsey Stamps.  I decided to order the set, and see if I could make some for my Christmas cards this year!  I'm getting better with the watercolors - but still not where I want to be.  Although I made 4 cards - this one was probably my favorite because I drew light lines away from the stars in all directions and then hit them lightly with water.  They blended some and retained the line as well.  My splatters got a little heavy-handed.  But overall it is quite acceptable.  The design papers are retired CTMH items and I used CTMH watercolor paper for the focal image, and white daisy cardstock for the card base.  

Our opera singers are still with us.  They are such a joy to have around - they are polite and helpful, grateful for any small thing, and easy to talk to.  And when they are practicing, I feel like I'm getting a private show for free!!  Lucky me!!  It's going to be a sad day Sunday when they go!

3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

As I expected, my friends left this afternoon and I am feeling like an empty nester! I think I'll have a wee glass of wine and a long soak in the bathtub. *wink*

Jeanne said...

Awwww, so sorry your new friends had to leave. Sounds like you had a good solution to help ease the transition. Your card is lovely and festive. The stars look great with the lines as you described. Looks like you are having fun with your watercoloring. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Love the way you spent your time....sounds so relaxing! Your card is just so adorable. Love your sweet Santa!