Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rainy Day . . .

Every time I talk to Steve, it's been raining in Minnesota. Now I finally know where all the moisture that Arizona doesn't get has been living! I asked him to send it back - we could use a little rain to dampen the wildfires here.

When I started playing with clouds and rain the other day, I came up with several variations on the theme - I liked the way this one turned out! The papers are old (Sarsaparilla, I think, from Close to My Heart) but the lighter blue swirl reminded me of wispy clouds in a blue sky.

Great news! I have a wedding dress!!! Hooray! I can't tell you anything more (just in case Steve decides to read my blog) but I am very happy. Now on to the catering, decorations, favors, music, etc. etc. etc.

What's new with you?

8 comments:

Carla said...

Cute card Sharli, love the raindrops!
Wedding dresses - - so fun!!!

Jeanne said...

Nice card, Sharli~how exciting that you found your wedding dress! I'm so happy for you. Onto the next task...right? LOL

Jamie Harder said...

Ohhhh a wedding dress...that is EXCITING!!! :-) :-)
Super cute card!!!!! Love those clouds!

Shirley said...

Sharli, this is just beautiful! I love the clouds, the drops, and the design of the card! Lovely! I hear you on the rain!! We are having thunder storms, not much rain, and fires too, just like you all!

Karen B. said...

Good luck on all your preparations! Your card is fantastic, by the way1

Unknown said...

Pretty, peaceful card, Sharli! I'd like to send you some of our rain, causing flooding here...6 inches in two days. Our walking trail along the river is 15 feet underwater now! Woohoo for finding YOUR dress!

Cibele Glazer said...

A beautiful card and what I am sure is a gorgeous wedding dress...who could ask for more!?!?

Curt in Indy said...

Ahhhh, wedding dress bliss. You are going to make a gorgeous bride! You could wear a burlap bag and still be stunning! Love this card. . .I can see the sentiment "Feeling under the weather?". Speaking of weather, I've been thinking about you whenever I see those videos of those horrendous dust storms on the news. They look awesome, but I bet they are a pain to deal with. Best, Curt