Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sympathy card

This card will become one I make again because it's so easy to stamp - I used the Verve Forever in Our Hearts stamps on this card (here) and CTMH New England Ivy ink and cardstock with their new Kraft CS. The cocoa colored adhesive pearls are from CTMH also. The ribbon was a scrap of lace picked up at Joanne's. In my next do-over, I'll make the sentiment piece a wee-bit smaller. Otherwise, I love this card.

My huge to-do list for today has barely had a dent made in it - I slept too late to do the painting job I'd planned for early morning, and when I arrived at the paper store I found it is no longer open on Saturdays. So, I went to Costco to order a photo canvas, but it turned out I didn't have the correct thumb drive (i.e. no digital image file) with me. The saving grace of the morning was a great Yoga practice and a delightful lunch with dear friends. Thank God for dear friends!

How's your weekend going?

6 comments:

Shirley said...

How absolutely lovely and the lace is wonderful with it too! I really like stamps and colors you used too!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card, and I agree, I love dear friends!

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Sharli! Love the elegant foliage and framed sentiment! Hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Love the sentiment and the lace touch, Sharli--great card! Happy weekend!

Deb Neerman said...

Just gorgeous, Sharli! So nice to see you yesterday ... and I'm thrilled for your good news, congratulations! You happy news really made my day!

Stay well and keep in touch!

~Huggies!

Cibele Glazer said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the NE Ivy on the Kraft. I think that combo would make a good masculine card too.