Monday, May 14, 2012

Blue-Green

This card started out with some of the pretty CTMH "Dotty for You" papers that are the special this month.  You can barely see them under the focal image (oops!).  Then I added that giant bow . . .  but overall, the effect is wild and different and I kinda like it!

This past weekend was a notch slower than the pace I keep when Steve is home, and the change was good for me.  I feel rested and had some "down time".  I went with a dear friend to see "The Best Exotic Magnolia Hotel" and I highly recommend it.  It was billed as a comedy - and we did laugh out loud all the way through it - but there was a decent story-line and the actors were very good!  

I need to make a "to-do" list before the weeks get away from me and Steve has returned and I'm caught without getting my "assignments" completed!  For one thing, I promised to empty my china cabinet so he can move it.  We're tearing out the wall behind it to open up my living room and family room into one great room.  It's a change I've contemplated for several years and I was thrilled when he wanted to make the change also.  The open space will be so much better for entertaining (not to mention Open Stamping)!  I'll remember to take before photos so you'll get to see the project.

How was your Mother's Day?

6 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Very Pretty Sharli! My fave color combo!

Deb Neerman said...

Such a pretty card, Sharli! LOVE that color palette!!

Nancy Ball said...

What a wonderful card, Sharli. I have been oogling your creations lately, just haven't been diligent in commenting! Take Care!

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful Sharli! My mother's day was wonderful, I hope yours was as well!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. Your renovation project sounds like it will end up really nice.

stampmonkey said...

I Love, LoVe, LOVE this color combo --it works so well for so many things. Beautiful poppies (the white really makes them 'pop' --no pun intended).

Hope you'll be happy with your room/s renovation...it sounds like it would really open things up. You'll have to share pics with us when it's all done.

My Mother's Day was wonderful...hope yours was too. ;)

hugs,
Christi