Friday, May 25, 2012

Graduation cards

This card was for friend who graduated from college (the school colors were Red, White, and Blue!).  I like how it turned out!  I used a variety of CTMH paper - the plaid is an old one (retired) and the wide ribbon is from Corrine McGregor (I subscribe to her monthly ribbon club and have been delighted with the selection!).  I haven't used the metal embellishments (the white hanger) in AGES and I really like the look - why did we stop using them?

Graduation cards are so much fun!  I have another one that is very different but I always try to use the school colors.  I wonder if they notice?  I'm betting they do!

I'm flying into my sweetheart's arms tomorrow - it was one of our shorter separations yet I'm so completely ready to see him in person!  I miss his breath - his strong arms - the twinkle in his eyes.  These don't come through on Skype.  

Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!
Namaste.

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is an excellent graduation card!

Alanna said...

Great card and how thoughtful to use the school's colors. So glad you're headed back to Steve. Bring separated must be difficult. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Fantastic graduation card--the recipient will be thrilled with the red/white/blue theme! Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Sharli, you are a special lady to always think of the minor details that make a major impression.

Love the card, now be with your love and yes going back to bed to be with mine. HUGS!!

Namaste