Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Another graduation card

Hello!  I'm back from my fabulous vacation and am posting the other card I made for a graduation - this school's colors were . . . maroon and gold!  I had fun weaving the ruler paper (it was a design paper that I cut into strips).  I love how it turned out!  

My trip to visit Steve was just awesome!  The temperature ranged from mid-40's to 89 degrees and we had nearly 12 inches of rain while I was there!  Everyone kept apologizing for the weather - but honestly, it was a treat to see that delightful wet stuff that falls from the sky!  It's been ages since it's rained in the Phoenix area. 

This poppy is the size of a dinner plate!  It's just one of Steve's many flowers.  They bloomed early (everything is blooming early this year!).

This photo was snapped during a boat adventure to visit the Gull Lake chain of lakes.  We were approaching from the water a fun place called Zorba's (they make great pizza).  The sky was like a picture postcard with those puffy clouds!  So very pretty!

Well, I gotta get to bed!  Being back at work is, well, work!
Hugs!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Love the paper weaving on this fantastic card!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful pictures and great card, the ribbon is a great touch.