Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thinking of You

This was a very simple-to-make card using the Florentine papers (so beautiful!) from Close-to-My-Heart.  I love the rich colors and designs!  The seam binding was from my stash, the rose stamp is from the CTMH Card Word Puzzle. I keep coming back to that set - it is so sweet and useful that I just ordered a second set to take up to the Minnesota studio!  I water-colored it by picking up ink directly from the ink pad with the tip of a water brush.

It's Thursday night (already!) and it's been a busy week!  The packing is coming along nicely.  My wall-removal project starts next week (yikes!).  

Did I mention that my darling daughter is finally engaged to "her beloved"?  I put that in quotes because at my wedding in December she wanted him introduced that way rather than "her boyfriend" and the status of "her fiancee" wasn't quite true yet!  He made the proposal a dream-come-true for her - asking her on her birthday and on bended knee . . . how sweet.  I think the world of this young man and am delighted that he loves my precious daughter.  He will make a good son in law!  Once again, I am blessed! 

5 comments:

Carla said...

Gorgeous card!! Love it!
Congrats on your daughter's engagement - another wedding to plan - how exciting!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card!

Nancy Ball said...

This is a very sweet card, Sharli. Congratulations on your daughter's engagement and your upcoming venture as a Mother-In-Law. Love your fuchsia cards also....I love those flowers, but can't seem to grow them!

Cibele Glazer said...

Congrats on your daughter's engagement! What wonderful news!! I wish her and "her beloved" as much happiness as you are experiencing.

Your card is just lovely and your watercoloring skills superb! Be well my friend!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! Love the flower, the seam binding bow, and the color combo! How sweet that your DD and her beloved are engaged--you are a busy wife and mom!!!