Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Life Unscripted

These little 3x3 cards came together in a flash - using the Close To My Heart Quick Card - Butterfly.  This is an "A" stamp (only $6.95).  I used a sentiment from another set - and was careful when stamping so that the sentiment that is on this stamp was "off the paper".  I love the effect!  I must give credit - I was inspired by Lisa Stenz on this post.

Today was a fabulous day - I set the alarm and got up early to do yard work in the coolness of the morning.  It was perfect weather, and in fact it stayed nice all day long!  In Mesa, we even got a little rainfall - making everything smile!  The yard looks good and I am tired / happy!

What exciting things did you do for the 4th of July?

7 comments:

Carla said...

These are gorgeous Sharli!! Very pretty!

Happy 4th of July to you - - I'm in Canada so no holiday for me! We celebrated our "Canada Day" on July 1st :-)

Alanna said...

Gorgeous cards Sharli. We didn't do anything here besides hang around. Too hot for anything. I did get some crafting in so that was nice.

Nancy Ball said...

These are great cards, Sharli. I may have to lift these to make some packages for gifts.
Glad you had a great day. Happy 4th of July!

Terrie Dodd said...

Hey Sharli, Great cards and I just got that stamp for stampaganza, so may have to try this out! We went out to Lake Pleasant with our friends who have their boat at the marina there. So nice just floating around, watching the fireworks from the water....

Karen B. said...

Beautiful and simple card set, Sharli!

danni reid. said...

absolutely love these!

Cibele Glazer said...

Now why didn't I think of that! Great idea to stamp off the edge!!!