Friday, July 6, 2012

This card was so much fun - the stamps are called Thanks Bee to Thee from the craft's meow.  I had a blast selecting colors, and using the various patterns to make the design. I didn't see the shadow over the Bee until too late - but if you could see the card in real life you'd note that the wings were dressed up with the sparkle pen and I used micron black pens to draw in the dark stripes on the bee (I thought it should be both black and yellow).  Since the sentiment I wanted was simply "Bee You"  I used the bee image for the first word, and masked the stamp from the set that said You are.  

I'm loving that we have TWO Fridays this week - today was great!  Very productive and flew by quickly!
Hope your weekend plans include some crafty time - MINE WILL!

Namaste.
 

6 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

CUTE, CUTE, AND BEEUTIFUL!

Alanna said...

What a darling card. I love the hexagons and that big yellow bow is gorgeous. So glad your weekend will include some crafty time.

Jean Martin said...

Sharlie this is so sweet! I love how you used Thanks Bee to Thee! :)The colors are fabulous too!

Carla said...

Great card Sharli! Love the honeycomb pattern :-)

danni reid. said...

love the big yellow bow, finishes it perfectly♥

Cibele Glazer said...

I simply adore this card! I love the patterned paper you used and your creative sentiment (might have to steal that one)! :)