Saturday, July 14, 2012

Heat Embossed Medallions


I will be teaching this technique tomorrow at my Open Stamping day - the lacy medallion is heat embossed on White Daisy cardstock with clear embossing powder and then Buttercup ink was sponged over the medallions.  The center one was stamped using Sorbet on a design (polka-dot) yellow piece that came with the limited time special called Dotty for You.  That's what the sentiment was stamped on as well - and the layer between the card base and the white piece.  It's fairly simple, but a good, versatile design.  I'm fairly certain we've done heat embossing before but it's been years.  

The room is making progress.  I have suffered headaches, neck pain, and my sinuses are weird this week (sanding drywall?) so I have slowed down on the wall work.  This weekend will most likely be very relaxed - some craft room time, laundry, listening to music and perhaps reading a book that I've been trying to get to for over a year.  Our temps are low (under 100) and there is a good possibility for that wet stuff that falls out of the sky - what is it?  Oh!  Right!  Rain!

Hugs!!

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Hey Sharli! what a lovely card to make with your group - love the colors and the techniques! And your remodel below looks great! It is so nice to have rooms open to each other so people can float around!

Karen B. said...

I hope you got your rain! This card is lovely, I really like the use of the color palette too.