Monday, July 9, 2012

Sunflowers and Grace





I love the sunflowers that were the stamp of the month in May (from Close to My Heart).  They are so pretty and I don't think I'll ever have too many sunflower stamps!  This card was a case from Aaron Brown.  I'm not sure if it counts as a "case" when you basically copy!  I used a different (Verve) sentiment stamp because I'm sending it as a "thinking of you" card for a friend in need.  I love how Aaron used the small tag and let the flower fall off three sides of it - very interesting!  Aaron is one of my go-to blogs for ideas (I really should link to her blog on my sidebar!)

I think I may have mentioned that Steve and I are remodeling the house right now.  I'm already loving the new look - thought I'd share a little!
 And here's a closer look at the tile repair he did where the wall used to be - isn't this just a perfect tile job??


I joked that the only difference is that the new grout is clean and that it would be easier to make the new dirty to match the rest of the floor than to clean the grout that was there before!  (that part wasn't really a joke!)

I'll try to remember to post more remodel photos as progress is made.  So far, it's exciting and wonderful and only a little, wee bit inconvenient. 

A quick reminder - Open Stamping is this Sunday afternoon.  Can't wait to see my scrapping friends again - it seems like forever since we've played!

Hugs!

5 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Nice card, Sharli. I must mention we were just at a Chihuly exhibit in Seattle on our way to convention. it was breathtaking!!!

Laurel said...

Such a pretty card!

richardbreaks said...

Great card, Sharli. Sunflowers make me smile.

Jamie Harder said...

Love the sunflower...such a lovely card!! Your house looks fantastic too! Good luck with the rest of the remodelling:-)

Maricar said...

Sharli, I absolutely love the sentiment on this. That sunflower tag is pretty.