Thursday, July 26, 2012

NOT embossed!

I felt compelled to post something that was NOT heat embossed!  This card used a very, very old Close-to-My-Heart stamp set that I bought at Joanne's yard sale for "pennies".  It was mounted on wood blocks!  I've completely forgotten how to stamp with wood mounted rubber stamps - so I took them apart, cut them down a little more and used them on an acrylic block.  That helped - but it still was different.  The card is pretty simple - a trio of rectangles popped up over a trio of same color mats that have scallops.  The lace was used "as is" - no dressing for the rough edge - I just put it on there (I kinda like the rough edge).  The sentiment is a Waltzingmouse Stamps one.  If you can't tell, the colors used are Petal and Sweet Leaf.  The day I made this card I was on a creative roll - and made two of everything I tried to create.  I'm glad to have some cards ready to send in my stash again.  It's been awhile since I've been ahead of the card game.  

Hugs! 

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Very pretty!

Alanna said...

This is so beautiful Sharli. Love the soft feel to it.

Nancy Ball said...

I love your card, trios are my favourite.

richardbreaks said...

Lovely, sweet, and soft!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, Sharli! The touch of lace makes it -- at first I thought "where did she get that gorgeous punch?"!

Cibele Glazer said...

Very beautiful and feminine card! I love the lace border!

Shirley said...

Very elegant and lovely! I have missed your art!!