Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Technique card from Open Stamping 7/16/12

As promised, here was the technique we did on Sunday.  I had prepared the design paper by heat embossing three of the Rosy Regards along the bottom edge.  The technique to learn was to sponge color into the roses, trim the edge and insert another color behind it to let it "pop".  Then the artist was able to select a sentiment for their card - some used the one I did here, some used Happy Birthday or Friendship.  All of the cards were lovely!

Remodeling is on hold until my joints are less inflammed.  I'll feel better soon . . . I should know better than to over-do it at work and at home the same week!  LOL

Have you been seeing the Close-to-My-Heart news?!  They reduced the color palette from 60 to 40 and added 6 new updated colors.  I noticed that there will be some "special engagement" colors, too.  What I mean by that is that in the paper packs they have included colors that are not in the color palette - for instance, in the new "Flirty" paper, there was a color Raspberry but there isn't any Raspberry ink or cardstock.  I'll try to post other news as I remember it!  

Hugs!

2 comments:

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous Sharli! the embossing really does make the color pop...these roses are beautiful!

Cibele Glazer said...

What a great technique and the best part...I have this stamp!!!