Sunday, July 22, 2012

More embossing!

Am I the only one that gets "hung up" on a technique and uses it over and over for awhile?  Lately it's been heat embossing.  LOL  The brown piece used a stamp of script from Papertray Ink (I think!) on white cardstock.  I clear embossed that, then after it was heat-set and cooled down, I rubbed Distress Ink in Vintage Photo directly to the paper.  It made a wonderful dark brown.  After it was completely dry, I embossed the "Goldrush" blossom and "Olive" stem/leaf.  This little piece is quirky and sweet at the same time.  The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory.  I used paper from Elemental on the bottom edge, and some strips of left-over design paper to imitate ribbon across the front.  I like how it turned out!

I received my first shipment of new Close-to-My-Heart toys and let me tell you, the new ink colors are so rich and pretty!  I guess we did need an update.  It inspired me to pull the retired colors from my wall, re-arrange into color groups (something I've not done before - it's always been organized by season) and then attacked my paper storage to do the same thing.  It was therapeutic and inspiring!  I have a stack of retired paper . . . some I'll hoard in case I need to match an older design paper pack or something but I think some of it I'll hand off to a not-for-profit group that works with needy kids; it would help replenish their arts & craft supplies.  

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Namaste.

9 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Sharli, first this is a fabulous card...love the paper with the embossing and that little flower is just too sweet.
Second, thank you so much for your incredibly sweet comments on my blog, you made my day! I had to check our your blog and love all of your wonderful creations and became one your followers too. Thank you again for being so kind, what a wonderful thing for you to do.

richardbreaks said...

Great job, Sharli! I, too, have been known to get on a "technique jag" and go nuts with one technique or other. Looks like it's paying off for you!

Unknown said...

Hi Sharli, sorry I haven't been by for a while, life gets in the way. Loving this card, the heat embossing is great, love the effect, and the different colours with the flower really stand out. Neat card... Hugs xx

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous card. So very pretty. Glad you got some new goodies. Enjoy them.

Julia Aston said...

Great colors and embossing on this Sharli! love the orange/green/ kraft combo!

Nancy Ball said...

Sharli, I must love this card. There are so many wonderful elements to behold. Thanks for being a regular visitor to my blog...I always enjoy your comments and it makes me happy that you took the time to leave them. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your new toys. Mine will have to wait for me until the 27th.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card! Sounds like you had a fun time! I just received some CTMH colored embossing powders, can't wait to try them out!

Unknown said...

Beautiful embossing, Sharli! Love the rich color combo! It's exciting to use the new CTMH products...they just keep getting better and better. :)

Cibele Glazer said...

Fabulous card! I LOVE the embossing on top of embossing! I will have to try this.