Friday, May 17, 2013

I love modifying "store bought" cards!

In this case, the cards weren't even "store bought" by me!  They were a gift - a nice little box of pretty Hallmark cards that are blank on the inside.  In Real Life, the swirls are sparkly.  I used chalk ink direct-to-paper to create the "rustic" looking yellow piece and then used Cocoa embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment.  The ribbon was a dyed-to-match piece of the seam binding ribbon. 

This week has been crazy.  Up until yesterday I was barely staying afloat.  I think I had an abscessed tooth because something gave way yesterday and it was gross.  After some careful attention and a good nights sleep I have a lot more energy today!  Whew.  

Today is my Love's birthday!  I wish I was in the same place that he is - but we will get to Skype tonight and I've been invited to the birthday party on Sunday with the family (on Skype).  22 days until I fly to see him.  {deep sigh}  Here's hoping your weekend is wonderful!

Hugs!

3 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Beautiful card, Sharli.
I am sorry to hear about your tooth....hope it is better. Hope your skyping was fun tonight and will be on Sunday, too.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend....it is my planting long weekend here!

Jeanne said...

Oh golly, so sorry to hear about your tooth. You are stronger than I am, I would have hightailed it to the dentist to have it checked out. The card looks great. I will have to remember that one can dress up premade cards, too! Excellent idea.
I'm sure you will enjoy your Skype filled weekend!

Curt in Indy said...

Great job on the modify. I love the rustic look you gave the sentiment piece. Really pretty background card to work with! Glad you are feeling better. Best, Curt